The South Australian government has announced a Business Support Grant for SA businesses impacted by lockdown. The amount of the grant is $1,000 for eligible non-employing businesses and $3,000 for eligible employing businesses. The amount is a once-off grant and the government have indicated it could be increased if there is a second week of lockdown. In the event of a third week of lockdown, there would be new Commonwealth assistance.
To be eligible for the grant, businesses need to, as at the 20th of July 2021:
- Be located within South Australia
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020/21 or 2019/20 and be registered for GST
- Have a valid ABN
- Experience a decline in turnover of at least 30 percent when comparing the week ending the 26th of July 2021 with the week ending the 19th of July 2021. The drop must be as a result of restricted trading conditions.
In addition, to be eligible for the higher $3,000 grant, businesses need to:
- Employ people in South Australia
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in 2019/20
Applications are expected to open within the next two weeks. You can register your interest for the grant by clicking here so that you can be informed when you can lodge an application. Applications will close on the 30th of September 2021.
If your business doesn't meet the eligibility criteria because turnover is below $75,000, you may be eligible for a COVID-19 Disaster payment of $600/$375 per week. More information can be found be clicking here.