The South Australian Government has announced a further COVID support grant for those businesses who continue to be impacted by ongoing restrictions.
This grant is in addition to the grant provided during the July lockdown which was discussed in our previous blog
The amount of the grant is the same as the previous grant available during the July lockdown being $3,000 for employing businesses and $1,000 for non-employing businesses. The main differences with this grant are that it is only available to specific industries who continue to be impacted by ongoing restrictions and unlike the first grant, your turnover doesn't need to be above $75,000 to be eligible but you do need to be registered for GST.
To be eligible for the grant, as at the 28th of July 2021, you need to:
- Be located within South Australia.
- Have a valid and active ABN (Australian Business Number) and be registered for the GST.
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in the 2019-20 financial year.
- Operate in an eligible industry sector identified in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes
- And must have experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction in turnover due to the restricted trading conditions over the two weeks from 28 July 2021 (the commencement date of the trading restriction) to 10 August 2021 compared to average fortnightly turnover in the June quarter 2021 (prior to restrictions).
A further grant of $1,000 will be available for eligible businesses (both employing and non-employing) with a commercial premise in the Adelaide CBD.
Where multiple non-employing businesses meeting the eligibility criteria are controlled by one individual, company, partnership, or trustee, funding will be restricted to one grant for all non‑employing businesses controlled by the individual, company, partnership, or trustee.
Applications open on the 13th of August 2021 and close on the 17th of October 2021. When applications do open, it should be accessible by clicking here